Last updated: 30/11/2021
What information do we collect?
Information you provide:
You voluntarily provide personal information when you register for our services. These services include registering for membership, event registration, survey or event participation, product ordering, providing a testimonial or feedback, ordering a product, sponsoring and event or activity, participating in an interactive event or forum, and contacting us with a question, comment, or request.
The type of information that you provide is based on the specific function of the service for which you register, and may include your name, postal address, birth date, email address, phone number, photo, social media account ID, education, employer and professional affiliations, employed role, demographic information, and professional interests.
Information we receive from third parties:
We may combine information we collect from you with information that we receive about you from other sources, such as social media and education delivery platforms. This information is collated to provide engagement or performance reports and assists ASNEN with marketing and content direction. This information is utilised in report format and is not based on nor contains individual user data.
Information we do not collect
Sensitive information includes information regarding an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record, or health information. We do not collect any of this information during your membership or service access processes.
How do we use your information?
In addition to using your information to deliver the programs, services, products, or information you request, and for the purposes described above, we may also use it:
- to provide direct member or sponsor support;
- to fulfil memberships, purchases, sponsorships, donations or other transactions made by you;
- to send administrative information to you, such as information about ASNEN services and our terms, conditions, and policies;
- to permit you to participate in polls, surveys, promotions, or other interactive features, and to administer these activities;
- to personalise your experience and better tailor content and opportunities to you;
- to facilitate social sharing functionality;
- to help us better understand our membership base, evaluate user interest in our services, improve the services, and perform membership engagement reviews;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis; audits; monitoring and prevention of fraud, infringement, and other potential misuse of ASNEN services; and operating and expanding our business activities; and
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from government authorities (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
When we won’t use your information
- to deliver marketing communications from non ASNEN sources
- to supply 3rd parties with your personal information unless permission has first been granted and there is a legitimate need for personal information to be shared, example prize recipient’s address details.
When and to whom do we disclose your information?
- When expressly permitted by you or directed by you
- Information posted publicly on 3rd party services to which you post information and materials.
- as required by law, such as to law enforcement, to health authorities to report possible adverse events, during government inspections or audits, as ordered or directed by courts or other governmental agencies, or in order to comply with a subpoena or other legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect legal rights or the security or integrity of our operations or the Services; protect your safety or the safety of others; investigate fraud, a breach of contract, or a violation of law; respond to a government request; or allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- We may disclose information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
Where you have elected to participate in one of our programs or services, we offer you the ability to discontinue your participation or to opt out of receiving those communications in the communication itself. Alternatively, you can opt out via the membership section of the webpage.
Fundraising and Privacy
ASNEN are governed by federal privacy laws and as such this document is notification that we intend to display business, personal or corporate logos as a thank you for any received funding. Names and/or logos will be listed on some correspondence, website or social media posts. ASNEN membership contacts will not be disclosed in respect to fundraising and any communication will come directly through the secretary of ASNEN only. Details of fundraising and activities can also be found on the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) website as per legal requirements of the ASNEN charity status. Please contact email@example.com to confirm anonymity requirements.
We seek to use appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect the information collected through ASNEN’s service provision. Unfortunately, no organisation can guarantee the absolute security of electronic information, especially information transmitted over the Internet. We follow all recommended methods to avoid data security breaches with your information and will promptly notify you of any alerts we receive from our associated third-party services.
In the unlikely event a privacy breech occurs, a four-step process as guided by The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) will occur:
- Take care to prevent the breech happening further and prevent the destruction of any evidence to work out how the breech occurred.
- Work out what happened and assess risks to people, take action to stop or mitigate any risks within 30 days
- Notify people affected and the regulator OAIC
- Review the breach circumstances to identify action to take to prevent breaches in future
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The membership lists will be maintained by the secretary of ASNEN via a mail management program. When your personal information is no longer required, ASNEN will remove your information from the mail management program. Access to the personal information housed within the member management program is not freely accessible to ASNEN committee members. In the event that you are contacted directly by an ASNEN committee member, the ASNEN committee members will utilise their respective personal employee account (hospital or academic institution only). No direct contact will be made from a 3rd party.
Accessing and updating your information
We encourage you to update the personal information you provide to us through the membership portal. This will help us continue to provide relevant information that best meets your needs.
Links to third-party websites
We regularly share links to events and resources provided by external organisations. As we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such organisations, we encourage you to review their respective privacy policies. We are not responsible for the information you provide directly to Facebook, Zoom, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer.
Consent for publication of your personal information on social media
ASNEN may use your name for the purpose of disclosing recipients of awards, scholarships or similar, at conferences, on our website and social media platforms. We will request this consent from you within the application process of opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to have your information published at these forums. Any photographs taken at conferences or during ASNEN workshops will be displayed on social media with no personal identification unless verbal consent has been obtained first.